PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-10-24, 03:26:05
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: PEG Power Cells  (Read 3306 times)

Good day folks,

I’d like to share my progress on the PEG (Polyethylene Glycol 100%) cell, a novel electrical component that can be described as a nonlinear ferroelectric electret due to its ability to maintain a positive dipole. Here is a video of myself building the cell. There is too much information to document in a single forum post so if your interested. I suggest you visit my Youtube Playlist "Power Cells" for complete information.

https://youtu.be/yV_NcxcxqH8

I have been building solid-state power cells for about six months now. I use PEG as a solid-state electrolyte with zero continuity between electrodes. Using a carbon cathode and magnesium anode, the cell acts like an electret and can maintain a static field of around 1 volt. It can also be conditioned as an electret with a precharge during the hardening process. The PEG dielectric is an excellent low-temperature manipulatable electret, compared to traditional high-temperature conditioning dielectrics. This allows the cell to maintain an electrostatic and capacitive effect without the traditional corrosion issues.

The cell can operate around 1mA of current at about one volt, and a few series cells can run small motors and LEDs, and even charge supercapacitors quickly and repeatedly. One of my cells has been operating an LED for almost three months now.

Interestingly, the cell also offers random AC fluctuations that can pass through a DC blocking capacitor, which is one of its unique behaviors. It also keeps the dipole open as both electrodes have zero continuity between the PEG dielectric.

**The Concept of Keeping the Dipole Open:**

In conventional circuits, the source dipole (created by separating charges, such as in a battery) is quickly destroyed as current flows, leading to energy dissipation. Tom Bearden proposed that if a dipole can be maintained (or kept "open"), it could continually extract energy from the vacuum or zero-point field, leading to a system that can sustain itself and potentially provide excess energy.

**How the PEG Cell Aligns with This Concept:**

1. **Negative Resistance:**
   The PEG cell exhibits negative resistance, meaning it can add energy to the circuit instead of dissipating it. This helps maintain the dipole by continuously supplying energy.

2. **Nonlinear Ferroelectric Properties:**
   The cell’s ferroelectric properties can store and release energy dynamically, contributing to the stabilization of the dipole.

3. **Self-Oscillation and Polarity Flipping:**
   The ability of the PEG cell to self-oscillate and flip polarity suggests it can modulate energy flow in a way that prevents the dipole from collapsing.

**Source Identification and Dipole Stability:**

1. **Unidentifiable Source on Return Path:**
   If the electrostatic effect can maintain a potential difference without a direct current path, the source of the potential can remain unidentifiable in a conventional sense. This prevents the dipole from being "killed" by a return current.

2. **Maintaining Dipole Stability:**
   By using dielectric materials and managing electrostatic charges, you can keep the dipole open and continuously extract potential energy, aligning with Bearden’s principle.

**Potential Solution:**

**Electrostatic Charge Management:**
Using polyethylene or other dielectric materials to manage electrostatic charges and induce polarity inversion could be part of the solution. This approach could help maintain a stable dipole and continuously harness energy without destroying the potential difference.

In summary, using polyethylene to wrap electrodes for electrostatic charge and employing polarity inversion through dielectric materials could provide the isolation needed to maintain a stable dipole. This could prevent the source from being identified and the dipole from being neutralized, potentially offering a way to continuously harness energy as described by Bearden.

Additionally, these cells can provide a big pulse if you pulse reverse the polarity. The behavior of these cells has been experienced by others who are building and replicating the cell over at [Beyond Unity](https://www.beyondunity.org/thread/fighter-s-quantum-power-cell-replication/).

Feel free to delve into any part of this discussion.

Joel Lagace

---------------------------
Check out my youtube page for my various strange and interesting free energy experiments. https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtTrYo9qDgn3UXziQnFCJDjAilO78DvFM

Buy me some coffee
If you substitute Bearden's "zero point energy" words with "the static field around the device" - everything makes sense.

Have you tried looping the device like this?:

Electrostatic induction: Put a 1KW charge on 1 plate of a  capacitor. What does the environment do to the 2nd  plate?

Yes I have done similar experiments very good stuff. It can also be used as a reactive capacitor in L/C circuits.  The cell contributes so more VAR.

Additionally, I’ve found that the PEG cell serves as a great alternative to an Ion Valve in Don Smith-type setups. Here’s the Don Smith concept I’m working on as a side project. As you can see, I approach things a bit differently. I utilize the Poynting vector field around the wire and introduce ground loop potential differences using a Kapagen-type setup. I’m sharing this to illustrate where I place the PEG cell for experimentation. I replace the Ion Valve with the PEG cell, which seems to work well due to the specific circuit configuration.

I experimented with many variants so my apologies if something seems not right in the circuit. This is an active project of mine and I don't consider it complete. I was just highlighting how the PEG cell can work as an Ion Valve as well. 

It's important to understand the distinction between electrostatic quantum tunneling on a small scale and the more pronounced effects of large-scale electrostatic interactions, such as the skin effect driven at high frequencies and the Poynting vector field around a single wire when using the PEG cell. This understanding is crucial for optimizing the cell’s performance in various applications.

Additionally, some researchers (see link) and I have found that the PEG cell acts as an electret that can self-condition with ambient fields, generating a small potential of around 200 millivolts immediately when using two similar electrodes. This verifies that the typical "galvanic" effect is not the sole mechanism at work. This unique feature makes the PEG cell a very intriguing device with a wide range of potential applications. Taking everything into consideration, its potential is quite promising.
« Last Edit: 2024-07-20, 15:13:09 by joellagace »

Check out my youtube page for my various strange and interesting free energy experiments. https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtTrYo9qDgn3UXziQnFCJDjAilO78DvFM

Group: Experimentalist

1. **Negative Resistance:**
   The PEG cell exhibits negative resistance, meaning it can add energy to the circuit instead of dissipating it. This helps maintain the dipole by continuously supplying energy.

A negative resistance, in electronics, is dynamic; it's just an area around an operating point where the increase in voltage is accompanied by a decrease in current. This creates no energy, but takes more or less from the generator supplying the bias point.
For a negative resistance to create energy, it must be static, in which case it is indistinguishable from a simple generator. A battery can be modeled by a negative resistor.
In your case, either the device resembles a conventional battery, with an oxidation-reduction reaction - which may well occur as long as there's still moisture in the product - and the energy is produced conventionally from the initial energy, which then decays, or it's really an electret, which doesn't create energy either, since it's an electrical dipole, the electric equivalent of a permanent magnet, which is a magnetic dipole.
Finally, an electret must be polarized during the manufacturing phase, which is not the case here. This is therefore surprising, but could be explained if polarization is “natural”, i.e. if the cell is initially polarized by a redox potential, which would then transform into an electret as it dries out, but that's another question.

"Open your mind, but not like a trash bin"

A negative resistance, in electronics, is dynamic; it's just an area around an operating point where the increase in voltage is accompanied by a decrease in current. This creates no energy, but takes more or less from the generator supplying the bias point.
For a negative resistance to create energy, it must be static, in which case it is indistinguishable from a simple generator. A battery can be modeled by a negative resistor.
In your case, either the device resembles a conventional battery, with an oxidation-reduction reaction - which may well occur as long as there's still moisture in the product - and the energy is produced conventionally from the initial energy, which then decays, or it's really an electret, which doesn't create energy either, since it's an electrical dipole, the electric equivalent of a permanent magnet, which is a magnetic dipole.
Finally, an electret must be polarized during the manufacturing phase, which is not the case here. This is therefore surprising, but could be explained if polarization is “natural”, i.e. if the cell is initially polarized by a redox potential, which would then transform into an electret as it dries out, but that's another question.

I have addressed all your questions in my videos, and it’s clear you haven't watched much of them. I'm sorry, but it’s also evident that you haven't looked up the properties of PEG; a simple Google search would help with that.

Regarding negative resistance, if you want to debate terminology, feel free to do so. However, it won't change the reality. Many people, including myself, define negative resistance as any source that provides energy instead of consuming it.

For example, I see people debating terms like Back EMF and Inductive Kickback when referring to the same effect, as discussed in Bedini’s work. It’s a waste of time when everyone understands what is being referred to.

This is why I don’t spend much time in these forums. ;D

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
Hi Joel
Interesting work, this maybe or maybe not relevant for success.

If you want to tap the Aether, in Arie De Geus patents he has patents for energy from electrets, the secrets are not in the patents themselves but he dropped a hint in a radio talk, the trick is a very thin sheet (i forget how many atoms wide 25 atoms rings a bell) but has to be perpendicular to the earths plane.

Electric energy from bi-element pairs with 'electrets', in between, optionally with electron-"polarization" and/or a "primary" permanent magnetic field added thereto.
https://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2469.0;attach=14138

https://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=2469.0

Hi Joel
Interesting work, this maybe or maybe not relevant for success.

If you want to tap the Aether, in Arie De Geus patents he has patents for energy from electrets, the secrets are not in the patents themselves but he dropped a hint in a radio talk, the trick is a very thin sheet (i forget how many atoms wide 25 atoms rings a bell) but has to be perpendicular to the earths plane.

https://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=2469.0

Yes great stuff I also talk about dielectric resonance and its's importances in "tuning" in some of my various videos. Thank you  ;D

I have addressed all your questions in my videos, and it’s clear you haven't watched much of them. I'm sorry, but it’s also evident that you haven't looked up the properties of PEG; a simple Google search would help with that.

Regarding negative resistance, if you want to debate terminology, feel free to do so. However, it won't change the reality. Many people, including myself, define negative resistance as any source that provides energy instead of consuming it.

For example, I see people debating terms like Back EMF and Inductive Kickback when referring to the same effect, as discussed in Bedini’s work. It’s a waste of time when everyone understands what is being referred to.

This is why I don’t spend much time in these forums. ;D

You can spend even less time, wasting neither your time nor that of your interlocutors, since you're expressing yourself without replying to them.
I thought I was on a discussion forum. Systematic references to videos are not discussion. In fact, they're the worst kind of scientific communication, just illustrations for the general public.
You imply that your “electret” could supply energy without proving it, so you don't answer any of the objections raised. Read again: nothing you've just written is related.

You can spend even less time, wasting neither your time nor that of your interlocutors, since you're expressing yourself without replying to them.
I thought I was on a discussion forum. Systematic references to videos are not discussion. In fact, they're the worst kind of scientific communication, just illustrations for the general public.
You imply that your “electret” could supply energy without proving it, so you don't answer any of the objections raised. Read again: nothing you've just written is related.

In a relevant context, air and moisture have very high resistance, even if we can't measure it with standard instruments and circuits. Given this, no electrical circuit is technically closed, because even a physical power push switch has spaced-apart electrodes. It may appear that there is zero power when the switch is open, but in reality, the flow is so minute that we can't measure it due to the extreme resistance. We typically ignore this effect because it’s not relevant to our discussion. Can we please skip the technical jargon and focus on traditional circuits?

I can tell from your response and profile that you enjoy being one of the naysayers here. I'm not here to entertain your games today. It’s clear that I must have bruised your ego; from your perspective, some "nobody" shows up with something that works and is being actively studied and replicated in various energy communities, including the forums I shared and YouTube members doing their own PEG cell research and posting results. This is now far beyond just me.

I came here about two years ago and received the same naysayer responses. At that time, I was relatively unknown, but those responses kept my posts active, leading more people to see my YouTube links. Search engines picked up my posts, and I gained 2.5k subscribers of people following and replicating my experiments with great results.

Your motives are quite obvious and common sense. People see all the naysaying and figure that if there’s so much opposition, I must be onto something. Out of curiosity, they check me out. So, thank you for that.

In a relevant context, air and moisture have very high resistance, even if we can't measure it with standard instruments and circuits. Given this, no electrical circuit is technically closed, because even a physical power push switch has spaced-apart electrodes. It may appear that there is zero power when the switch is open, but in reality, the flow is so minute that we can't measure it due to the extreme resistance. We typically ignore this effect because it’s not relevant to our discussion. Can we please skip the technical jargon and focus on traditional circuits?

I'm familiar with the generalities about electrets. Even if you do have an electret, I still don't see what this has to do with free energy. An electret doesn't deliver more energy than it was able to store in the first place. You mentioned negative resistance in connection with your setup, without defining it in this case (dynamic, static? although I've already asked) and claiming that it would create energy.
Where are your measurements of “negative resistance”, your energy measurements, where is your measurement protocol described? Do you seriously believe that you're going to impress people who know something about electronics and physics, and that they're going to agree with you because you've repeated banalities?

I can tell from your response and profile that you enjoy being one of the naysayers here. ... Your motives...

And now a pathetic personal attack, which confirms that you can't provide any scientific or technical evidence to back up your claim.
Speaking of profile, since you mentioned it, I thought I had spotted the criteria of egocentricity that we see in so many free-energy activists and pseudo-inventors who strut their stuff on youtube and social networks and only delude the incompetent. When you ask them to talk about science and technology, there's no one left.

I'm familiar with the generalities about electrets. Even if you do have an electret, I still don't see what this has to do with free energy. An electret doesn't deliver more energy than it was able to store in the first place. You mentioned negative resistance in connection with your setup, without defining it in this case (dynamic, static? although I've already asked) and claiming that it would create energy.
Where are your measurements of “negative resistance”, your energy measurements, where is your measurement protocol described? Do you seriously believe that you're going to impress people who know something about electronics and physics, and that they're going to agree with you because you've repeated banalities?

And now a pathetic personal attack, which confirms that you can't provide any scientific or technical evidence to back up your claim.
Speaking of profile, since you mentioned it, I thought I had spotted the criteria of egocentricity that we see in so many free-energy activists and pseudo-inventors who strut their stuff on youtube and social networks and only delude the incompetent. When you ask them to talk about science and technology, there's no one left.

Not a pathetic personal attack at all. Just pointing out the obvious. My advice is that if you are truly interested in the PEG cell, as indicated by your questions, you should review the videos and forum posts where members have shared the results you are seeking. There are hours of videos and numerous forum posts available for you to explore. Feel free to replicate the experiments and decide for yourself if the PEG cell is right for you.

However, dismissing the PEG cell simply because you lack prior experience or interest in its inner workings, while asking for a comprehensive explanation from the very beginning, is unreasonable. It is too much to cover in a single post. Copying and pasting numerous forum posts could be seen as spamming.

The information is available for those who are genuinely interested. I have highlighted some of the most interesting features, but the resource links provided should be enough to get you started if you are serious about exploring these cells. If not, I suggest you keep your negative views to yourself, as you clearly lack experience with this novel device.

Not a pathetic personal attack at all.

"profile that you enjoy being one of the naysayers" : It's a negative comment about the person, and therefore a personal attack. At least take responsibility for what you say!

However, dismissing the PEG cell simply because you lack prior experience...

Really a dishonest and stupid comment, since I'm not dismissing the "PEG", I have far enough exprience in the field, and above all I only made factual objections: impossibility of free energy by the simple fact that it would be an electret, how it obtains its initial polarization, possibility that it would not be an electret but a simple battery (with a very high internal resistance due to very low humidity), and question of what type of negative resistance would be at work.
You haven't answered anything, and you're continuing to digress with comments on my experience and make generalizations of no interest whatsoever.
When you present a setup, the least you can do is to submit it to your peers, not to assert free energy or negative resistance without serious measurement and before obtaining a consensus, and to agree to answer factual objections.
You obviously want people to think you've got something exceptional when all you've got is a conventional gadget, I think you know that, which is why you don't answer in scientific or engineering terms the key points that would make this thing a real invention.

"profile that you enjoy being one of the naysayers" : It's a negative comment about the person, and therefore a personal attack. At least take responsibility for what you say!

Really a dishonest and stupid comment, since I'm not dismissing the "PEG", I have far enough exprience in the field, and above all I only made factual objections: impossibility of free energy by the simple fact that it would be an electret, how it obtains its initial polarization, possibility that it would not be an electret but a simple battery (with a very high internal resistance due to very low humidity), and question of what type of negative resistance would be at work.
You haven't answered anything, and you're continuing to digress with comments on my experience and make generalizations of no interest whatsoever.
When you present a setup, the least you can do is to submit it to your peers, not to assert free energy or negative resistance without serious measurement and before obtaining a consensus, and to agree to answer factual objections.
You obviously want people to think you've got something exceptional when all you've got is a conventional gadget, I think you know that, which is why you don't answer in scientific or engineering terms the key points that would make this thing a real invention.

Continuing with generic negativity only highlights your underlying motives here. You’re not new to this community and tend to do the same with everyone. In fact, I’ve been receiving numerous private messages congratulating me on how I’ve handled your negativity—there’s even a nickname for the effect you’ve created. The post got "F6'ed" Furthermore, your persistent negativity keeps this post active, leading to more visits and opportunities for others to experiment with the device.

You should examine the inner workings before expressing random opinions. The amount of irrelevant programming experience you have doesn’t change the fact that many of those programs are using outdated modes. Since we’re off-topic, here’s a challenge: try using some QAM modes. I’ve successfully streamed video at 96kbps on 2 meters using GNU Radio. Perhaps it’s best if you stick to Ham Radio, as the PEG cell doesn’t seem to be your area of expertise.

I’ve been working on a circuit using the PEG cell as an X reactive electret, and it’s proving to be highly efficient. For safety, I recommend trying it with the smallest inverter available, as wattage isn’t critical. 😀

Additionally, I experimented with fine-tuning the PEG cell using a Variac in series, which can help achieve peak efficiency if you're aiming for the highest VAR. Before any scrutiny arises, I’m not offering a self-looping setup currently, but it has the potential to evolve into one. As Bedini used to say, “May as well get two for the price of one if we can.”

Just a note for anyone wanting to experiment with the PEG cell: it’s crucial to ensure the PEG cell is completely dried out before use. You can easily test the PEG cell electrodes for continuity—there should be no beep and no measurable resistance values. As discussed, there might be a minute amount via air moisture, even if the meter can’t detect it. If there's no beep or impedance registered, it’s a good sign the PEG cell is ready and will work effectively as a capacitor as well.

I invite anyone who may have suggestions on improvements.  O0

Continuing with generic negativity only highlights your underlying motives here...

So to my objections:
" impossibility of free energy by the simple fact that it would be an electret, how it obtains its initial polarization, possibility that it would not be an electret but a simple battery (with a very high internal resistance due to very low humidity), and question of what type of negative resistance would be at work."
still no response from joellagace, scientific and technical argumentation isn't his specialty, unlike personal attacks.

We understand that the forum is his showcase, not for him a place for exchanges between experimenters.

Just a note for anyone wanting to experiment with the PEG cell

If you've got time to waste and your questions are only meant to flatter the master's ego, you may get some answers. If your questions are technical and scientific, you'll have to wait indefinitely. Not the right method for "overunity research".

Be the change you wish to see in the world
We understand that the forum is his showcase, not for him a place for exchanges between experimenters.

The irony of this statement is nothing short of amusing F6  :o
Joel spends at least an hour, probably several, typing all of this up for free, for you to peruse freely, and this is how you thank the effort!
« Last Edit: 2024-09-03, 20:22:54 by Excelsior »

@Excelcior

And on the technical subject and the questions I asked about it, no more answers than your alter ego?

This is where the “inferiority” of the “researcher” comes into its own. A lack of answers on crucial points means that the label “researcher” lies about the product.
An experimentalist who asserts extraordinary phenomena in every gadget he produces and remains in denial of criticism and refusal to respond to it, is not a researcher but an small-time joker.
Real researchers whatever their level, especially if it's low, accept the objections of their peers and try to progress and eliminate artifacts before claiming victory.

The irony of this statement is nothing short of amusing F6  :o
Joel spends at least an hour, probably several, typing all of this up for free, for you to peruse freely, and this is how you thank the effort?

What exactly is your problem with the assertions made here, and elsewhere by those you clearly, naively view as inferior researchers?
I ask sincerely - Do you think a given OP benefits from sharing their progress?
Posting here is an unpaid vocational activity and you should be thankful that others are taking the time to do what they can.

The stigma that denigrations from a senior experimentalist can impose may well be a large factor in there not being more serious researchers in this field.
IE. are you sure you're being helpful here?

It reeks of ego stroking
(Embarrassing, frankly)

And prolonging unnecessary confrontations is??
I imagine Joel is probably too busy on the bench to reply to your aggravation  C.C

Since the post exposes F6's true motives, it's evident that his aim is to continue causing confrontational degradation. This pattern is clear from his posts over the years, with daily instances of this behavior. I'm not trying to attack, just stating the obvious, as others have done.

It's concerning that the moderators of this otherwise excellent site have allowed this repeated behavior to persist. From what I can see in this and other posts, while F6 claims to be a victim, it is actually his derogatory comments that are the constant factor.

Given F6's reputation, I recommend simply ignoring his replies and moving on without his input. We don't need his approval to succeed in our projects.  O0

The sad part is that it doesn't seem to matter if anyone responds to F6's comments; he continues with his confrontational negativity, often repeating his previous statements as if that somehow makes him correct. I've noticed that, as a matter of site maintenance, when topics become irrelevant to the original post, admins and mods sometimes lock the thread to avoid clutter and endless pages of posts.

It seems that F6 has adopted this method: by continuously instigating confrontation and arguments, he hopes that when someone defends themselves with reason and facts, he can label it a personal attack. This tactic aims to get the post locked to avoid such discussions, effectively killing the thread. Well done, F6!

(Please do show us your successful project, since we are doing it wrong!  O0).

There is nobody that can show a successful FE or OU project. Those who claim to have done so are obviously doing something wrong. A bit unfair to demand such from F6FLT, in my opinion.

I like what F6FLT posts. Like him, I am skeptical of those who refuse to address scrunity. I find his posts reasonable, logical and to the point. It bothers me to see talk of silencing him. It reflects badly to silence those who speak truth.
bi
ps. Don't blame him for your failures.

Be the change you wish to see in the world
It was rhetorical/sarcastic! to make the point.
When did I blame anyone here, for anything?
Just stating facts as I see them  :)
« Last Edit: 2024-09-03, 20:23:42 by Excelsior »

Here is a video of myself answering some commonly asked questions in building the PEG cell.  I hope to address the most common questions.

Here is the Youtube video link  O0

https://youtu.be/QkyJ3jYgP80

Take care all!

Hi Joel,
after 7 days my cell (peg 4000, copper and zinc electrodes) still shows a resistance of 130 Kohm; the voltage reading is 0.180 volts, when you touch the bottom of the cell you still feel something soft: I think the crystallization is not finished yet. The cell is in the sun all day but it has difficulty drying: is there anything I can do to speed up drying? For example, make some small holes to facilitate evaporation?
Thanks

Ciao

Maybe use vacuum?

Hi Joel,
after 7 days my cell (peg 4000, copper and zinc electrodes) still shows a resistance of 130 Kohm; the voltage reading is 0.180 volts, when you touch the bottom of the cell you still feel something soft: I think the crystallization is not finished yet. The cell is in the sun all day but it has difficulty drying: is there anything I can do to speed up drying? For example, make some small holes to facilitate evaporation?
Thanks

Ciao

It looks like it's not drying out as expected. It seems like you might have added a bit too much water. The mixture should ideally reach a translucent paste consistency, similar to wet glue. After that, allow it to dry at room temperature for a few days, checking the resistance periodically. Leaving it out in the sun might not be the best idea due to the low melting point of PEG, which could be preventing it from hardening properly. If the mixture has too little water, it will form a thick, chalky substance that crumbles apart. Finding the right balance is key, and the amounts will naturally vary depending on the size of your cells. It's best to add a few drops of hot water gradually, letting it melt into a paste, adding a drop at a time until the consistency is right—not too wet like dripping water, which would be too diluted and won’t dry properly. I also found that adding a spoonful of copper oxide black powder helped solidify the PEG into a brick-like form after the drying process. PEG is quite fragile once dried, so the addition of copper oxide makes it more resilient, especially if the cell is dropped.

Also... I've been scrutinized recently for noting that it appears to work just as well with two similar electrodes at a much lower potential—around 200mV, which is still a readable potential. Others on the Above Unity forums have observed the same behavior and speculate that it might be related to quantum tunneling, though I'm not fully endorsing this theory due to a lack of information. My own speculative explanation for the effect is that it could be the result of a cheap manufacturing process. In other words, the roll of aluminum foil might be contaminated with trace amounts of other minerals, leading to slight variations even within the same roll. These micro-level differences could create a small imbalance between electrodes. I just wanted to be transparent and point that out.

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Buy me some coffee

Since the post exposes F6's true motives, it's evident that his aim is to continue causing confrontational degradation. This pattern is clear from his posts over the years, with daily instances of this behavior. I'm not trying to attack, just stating the obvious, as others have done.

It's concerning that the moderators of this otherwise excellent site have allowed this repeated behavior to persist. From what I can see in this and other posts, while F6 claims to be a victim, it is actually his derogatory comments that are the constant factor.

Given F6's reputation, I recommend simply ignoring his replies and moving on without his input. We don't need his approval to succeed in our projects.  O0

The sad part is that it doesn't seem to matter if anyone responds to F6's comments; he continues with his confrontational negativity, often repeating his previous statements as if that somehow makes him correct. I've noticed that, as a matter of site maintenance, when topics become irrelevant to the original post, admins and mods sometimes lock the thread to avoid clutter and endless pages of posts.

It seems that F6 has adopted this method: by continuously instigating confrontation and arguments, he hopes that when someone defends themselves with reason and facts, he can label it a personal attack. This tactic aims to get the post locked to avoid such discussions, effectively killing the thread. Well done, F6!

I read F6's first two posts, and all i see is him being respectful and offering sound solutions as to what you are seeing.
But what i did see, was you getting on the offensive first, not F6.

What you have to understand is, a lot of us here have been doing this sort of stuff before you even started pre school, and we are quite good now at explaining things like this, and what you are seeing.
You clearly have a galvanic cell here, and i think that your solid state Elite still has moisture in the center, but where the outside of the Elite has dried solid. Even if 100% dry, current can still pass through a solid substance with the smallest amount of conductivity, which is why you have very little current flow from your galvanic cell. When passing AC through it, it will act like a small capacitor, and also allow current flow.

As far as being a negative resistor, then yes, it could be seen as that if you are assuming that a negative resistor adds power to a system, and not dissipate it like a normal resistance.
In other words, a battery could be seen as a negative resistor, and you have a battery. But batteries also dissipate power, so they could also be seen as a resistor.
The truth is, a battery is an imperfect energy storage device, which will dissipate that energy through it's own internal resistance over time, without the battery being hooked to any type of circuit.

What would be a good experiment, if possible, would be to make up one of your cells in a clear glass jar, and make your solid Elite as clear as possible.
Place the anode and cathode close to the edge of the glass jar, so as you can see them, allow your Elite to dry, and then place say a 10 ohm resistor across the cell.
Then after some time-days-weeks, etc, see if the anode degrades, and the cathode changes color to that of the anode. If o, then you will know for sure that you have a galvanc cell.

Brad

Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-10-24, 03:26:05