PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-10-23, 19:37:08
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: LTPU Center Toroid Breakout  (Read 48755 times)

Group: Moderator

Frequency equals matter...

Buy me a drink
Performed high voltage DC test of 200 VDC. zero amps read. test

---------------------------

Buy me a drink
Next combination.

These tests will not produce amperage as there is a break in the flux line, one with the power supply and two with the amp meter.

Buy me a drink
Hello everyone,
Been juggling too much life lately and have to take a break.
I got to wondering about injecting 2 mixed frequencies into a single Tesla coil primary then splitting them into tuned tanks of the dual secondaries comprised of twin lead antenna wire. Its a Tesla coil with an air core.
I have seen very complicated radio circuits that deal with multiple frequencies but i am trying to keep it simple.
The drawing shows how simplistic I want this to be. I tried modelling in Falstad simulator but there seems to be inherent misgivings about its operation.
If a single primary is not possible then I added the dual primary design.I start with a secondary that is already built. It is 5" diameter and an inductance of 18uh and 53 turns. There is an inherent capacitance of 290pf. The primary is 16 turns of a single side of lamp wire.
Thanks in advance.

Group: Tinkerer

Interesting thought!

Will your secondary windings differ to accommodate the two
separate frequencies?  Tuning Capacitors?

Will the two frequencies be fairly close or possibly harmonics?

Are you aiming for the typical High Voltage Tesla Coil output?

I believe it will work.  The concept certainly works with Audio
Transformers.  Multiple frequencies that can be individually
tuned and isolated.

And it works with Receiving Antennae.  Well, sort of.  The Antenna
doesn't resonate at all frequencies but they can easily be
individually tuned and isolated.  Aboard ship we had a single antenna
feeding numerous separate receivers operating at different frequencies.

Some of our Transmitting Antennae were "broadband" and could be used
with several different frequencies at once.

Yes, it should work!

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Buy me a drink
Interesting thought!

Will your secondary windings differ to accommodate the two
separate frequencies?  Tuning Capacitors?

Will the two frequencies be fairly close or possibly harmonics?

Are you aiming for the typical High Voltage Tesla Coil output?

I believe it will work.  The concept certainly works with Audio
Transformers.  Multiple frequencies that can be individually
tuned and isolated.

And it works with Receiving Antennae.  Well, sort of.  The Antenna
doesn't resonate at all frequencies but they can easily be
individually tuned and isolated.  Aboard ship we had a single antenna
feeding numerous separate receivers operating at different frequencies.

Some of our Transmitting Antennae were "broadband" and could be used
with several different frequencies at once.

Yes, it should work!
In regards to the two secondaries there will be an offset.
At the start this is a bailywick since I only have the secondary specifications: Wire length, wind diameter, and 18uh of L. I can easily change the primary length.
It is also on a slider sheath to enable moving along the secondary to change the ratio between voltage and current.
Simplicity is in my crawl because I believe this build can be kept looking just like something Tesla would have built. Windings, caps, coils, resistors and diodes and nothing else.
The thing is that when achieved this can be driven by two oscillators or a stungun/broadband.
Once this transmission side is done then that supplies the parameters for receivers.

Buy me a drink
By building the LTPU from SMs videos with out any frequency specifications except 5khz, square waves, Ring diameter of 17 inches, Radio shack parts, the white HV discharges, the amp meter in the center as a guide I have been able to configure this device in a myriad of ways to research any whim of connections. A remark was made about building this without the specific parameters but I have what they don't, a radio spreadsheet.

I tested the outer ring as an open antenna and found a resonant Freq at 3.2Mhz.
I also tanked it which allows for a bandwidth to play in.
By using audio equipment I have found a toroidal field of 12 feet in diameter. I havent moved the audio equip any further away but I am sure the field is out there even larger.
 I am very pleased with this.
 I have built different types of center toroids for testing and they all receive, 'just like a radio'. And why not.
 With the latest center test rig I then tuned the centers to the ring res freq. This too proved eventful.
 The idea was to raise more questions because of the lack of technical specs by SM. I tuned everything using sine waves then switched to squares. Back and forth.

The latest result is the effort to grab a certain freq from within the square wave harmonics. Just curious.

Then main idea is to cause a oscillation of an EMP on the top and bottom horizontals 180 degrees out of sync to achieve the thumping. Sm mentioned the HV on an open cable causing the ends to jump. He gave away so much.

This might not encompass all the constituent parts being tuned to the same frequency of the outer ring but so far its all we have to work with.

I am incorporating a homebrew charge pump to include one side of a toroid of the centers to facilitate the timed EMP like the signal picture shows.

XYZZY

Group: Guest
If you care about readers please consider providing some schematics,
otherwise it is difficult to follow you
 :)

Buy me a drink
If you care about readers please consider providing some schematics,
otherwise it is difficult to follow you
 :)
This whole thread documents:https://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=3362.msg83948#msg83948

Buy me a drink
As given to me by Otto:

It might not look like much to the neophyte but this was a pivotal disclosure by some who I felt were not able to tell much more.
And it came after I disclosed the operation of the stun gun. Its all in the history.
The tuning comes from the size of the build. The schematics strewn through past posts all show different attempts at the current acknowledgement of the radio part.
The tuning is critical to the build parameters.
The GK4 had too much FE at its core. Its not about saturation of volume for hysteresis but using the iron to capture activity from any angle and then using that as a conductor instead of looped transformer core.

Buy me a drink
Integrating the audio feedback loop as the oscillator.

Buy me a drink

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-10-23, 19:37:08